Thursday, September 10, 2015

All grown up- Meghan

I have known Meghan, (the daughter of one of my best friends) since well.... I think, since she's been born. I had the pleasure to photograph her as a very young child and at various time throughout her life. And in the past few years, she has been more like another daughter to me.

Meghan graduated in June of 2014, and as a gift to her, I offered to do a full photo shoot with her (3 different locations and changes of clothing). But her very busy schedule didn't allow for a photo shoot until later in the year. As the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait" and it really worked in our favor.

I have said before, I prefer to work with natural lighting. I feel you get a more relax and true portrait result. Don't get me wrong, I love studio work and sometimes, I could use a whole bunch of lights but natural is best for my work. I am not a big fan of very bright sunlight. I love to shoot photos on overcast or cloudy days. It lends me so much more options to work with. This day was overcasty...... practically perfect!

To take a good picture, you must have good lighting and composition. That's the photographers job to find and do both. The hard part is to get your subjects to do what you want them to do and look as natural and comfortable as possible. I have taken pictures of many beautiful people in my many years as a photographer and I can tell you, the hardest part of my job is to get my models/subjects to pose. 

Meghan majored in set design and has done a little acting for her degree. She is out going and not afraid to try something different. Although she will deny it, she was very comfortable in front of the camera- giving me a ton of opportunity to capture some very lovely images of her. She was a perfect model for me. This whole shoot was about 3-4 hours.... I know, a bit long but we couldn't help it. We had a great time.

I want to thank Meghan for allowing me to take some amazing pictures of her and for making my job and portfolio look so good. Here are just a few of the over 300 images that we took that day.










No comments:

Post a Comment